Flashback Fridays

Posted by Stephanie / Category:

A new thing to blog about YAY!

FLASHBACK FRIDAYS are where I will be going back into my life and blogging about things I went through or did up until now. Some sad, some annoying, some happy but all real.

When I was 13...I got off the bus and went up to the house. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table looking through the mail and asked me if I would like to go to Europe. Im like WHAT?

She showed me the People to People Student Ambassador brochure with all the cool pictures on it and of course I said, "Heck YEA".

We set up an interview with the organization to see if I would get in.

Before you know it I was doing fundraisers and putting together donations and lists of people I had to get gifts for and everything. You name it I was doing it to get ready for this trip.

The trip was called the European Odyssey. It consisted of visiting Greece, Italy, France and England. For three weeks I was going to be going through Europe with a bunch of other kids and a couple teachers! How cool is that! Well not so cool once I actually got to Greece and we received faxes from our family members! I was SO homesick and crying. So much for being all big and bad. :)

I visited many places the Colesium, took a cruise to the Greek Isles, Mt. Vesouvious, Eiffel Tower, Versailles, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace. Those are only a few of the places I got to visit.

I will cut this short. All in all it was a GREAT experince and I was very thankful my parents and all the people who donated money to me made it possible for me to go! Maybe one day when I get a scanner I can scan the pictures I have from my scrapbook and post them up here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment